Current and upcoming classes:
- I offer ongoing Saturday and Wednesday classes 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in traditional tapestry weaving techniques at my studio in downtown Berkeley, near BART. Students weave a sample and may also weave a design of their own. All levels are welcome, and no previous weaving experience is necessary. There are a maximum of six students. Students sign up for an eight-week class with flexible attendance. All equipment and materials are provided.
- Three-day workshop, September 28, 29, and 30, 2018, The Art of Tapestry Weaving at the Mendocino Art Center, Mendocino, CA.
- Three-day workshop, February 22, 23, and 24, 2019, The Art of Tapestry Weaving at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, San Luis Obispo, CA.
For more information:
Recent presentations and classes I've taught:
- Frequent three-day tapestry weaving workshops since 2014 at the Mendocino Art Center, Mendocino, CA.
- May 2017, Tapestry Weaving and Inspiration, presentation to the Foothills Fiber Guild, Nevada City, CA.
- Three-day workshop, Tapestry Weaving: Techniques for Your Toolkit, January 26 through 28, 2017, sponsored by The American Tapestry Alliance, in San Jose, CA.
- January 28 to March 10, 2016, seven Thursday evenings 6:30 to 9:30: The Art of Tapestry Weaving at the Richmond Art Center, Richmond, CA.
- 2014 through 2016, tapestry workshops at Michaelangelo Gallery, Santa Cruz, CA (See my flyer for this class); the Richmond Art Center, Richmond, CA; and the Petaluma Arts Center, Petaluma, CA.
- In June 2015, a three-day private workshop for a group of eight friends--get in touch to arrange your own! (Minimum four students.)
- February 2015: Motherlode Weavers and Spinners, Columbia, CA, presentation and two-day workshop, From Image to Loom.
- June 21, 22, and 23, 2014: Tapestry: From Image to Loom, a workshop at Snow Farm - The New England Craft Program, Williamsburg, MA.
- April 25, 26, and 27, 2014: Interpreting Designs for Tapestry: Choosing colors, patterns, and techniques, a three-hour presentation with demonstration and hands-on experience, presented twice; and Tapestry: Expressions, a six-hour workshop; Conference of Northern California Handweavers (CNCH): Branch Out with Fibers, Oakland, CA.
- January 20, 2014: Presentation/studio visit for The Golden Gate Weavers Guild.
- January 10, 11, and 12, 2014: Tapestry Weaving and the Language of Color, San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, San Luis Obispo, CA (following the Tapestry Weavers West exhibition Tapestry Alights on the Central Coast).
- September 21 and 22, 2013: Tapestry: From Image to Loom (presentation and workshop), Southern California Handweavers' Guild, Los Angeles, CA.